Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:38:09 -0700
From:      David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, standards@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libstdc++ does not contain fabsl symbol

Thus spake Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.ORG>:
> No one has started work on any of the C99 math functions yet.  I
> think with the exception of the math functions we conform to C99.

Actually, I hacked up some patches for fpclassify(), is*(), and
friends some time ago.  But nobody was interested in compliance at
the time except for a couple of port maintainers, so I didn't
bother finishing it up.  In any case, I no longer have the time.
(It's fairly easy, given that some of the code is already there,
but a bit more work to optimize for every architecture FreeBSD
supports.)  Note that while you're adding the C99 math stuff, you
might want to fix up float.h, which is just wrong about long
doubles (see PR i386/38288).