Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:23:07 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Muhammad Moinur Rahman <5u623l20@gmail.com>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Waitman Gobble <waitman@waitman.net>, FreeBSD CURRENT <current@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: send-pr must live

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:26:08 -0800 Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote
> On 20 November 2014 10:09, Chris H <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:40:16 -0800 "Waitman Gobble" <waitman@waitman.net>
> > wrote >

> >> I liked using send-pr. It looks like Bugzilla 5.0 will have a native REST
> >> API but current versions use plugin.  Also I believe Bugzilla supports an
> >> email interface so it could be possible to keep send-pr as a shell script.
> > Indeed. It is perfectly inclined to use email. Which makes
> > [initial] integration perfectly *trivial*. :)
> > As to it having been shell based. While there's nothing wrong with
> > that at all, in fact it's advantageous in many respects. I was toying
> > with the idea of perhaps converting (augmenting) it to being Perl
> > based, by way of a statically linked mini-perl interpreter. I thought
> > it would better *empower* it, also providing for a more "user friendly"
> > dialog. But, like I said; just *toying* with the idea. :)
> >
> > --Chris
> >

> >> --
> >> Waitman Gobble
> >> Los Altos California USA
> >> +1.510-830-7975

> Hi!
>
> If you'd like to make it work then please do - just make sure you
> check with the bugteam about it. I'm worried that you're signing them
> up for more work (dealing with email spam again) which I /think/ they
> don't have to deal with now.
>

> -adrian

Thanks for the reply adrian.
Count on it. I hate SPAM more than the bugteam!
And as a result, I have some _very_ good strategies already employed.
So "keeping things clean" should prove a trivial matter.
I've already started the process. I'm loading up a copy of
devel/bugzilla44 now.

Thanks again, for your reply, Adrian -- even if it was an evil top post. ;)

--Chris