Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 1995 14:14:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        alexandr@louie.udel.edu (Jerry Alexandratos)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

> My first question.  I've got a Cabletron e2212 ethernet card.  It's
> ne2100 compatible.  I've installed it and played around with it with
> using the boot floppy.  I get the craziest message though.  What does
> `lnc0: Heartbeat error - SQE test failed' mean anyway?

It means the jumper on the card has it turned on but the transceiver
(either the AUI or RJ connected unit on the other end of the cable
attached to the PC) doesn't.

Typically you will want to jumper it "off" on the card.

> Is this going to be an annoyance, or a real problem?

Depends on the card.  Why not solve both potential issues by jumpering
it off?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---