Date:      Sun, 23 Oct 2005 14:27:51 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@freebsd.org>
To:        "Petr Holub" <hopet@ics.muni.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: powerd problem on ASUS T9400 with 6.0RC1

Hi,

> It's not crashing, it's exiting with an error.  If you have passive
> cooling enabled, it can block powerd from setting a new rate (as it
> should).

No, I don't think that the error is out because of passive cooling.
When passive cooling is active, it will be EPERM.  The powerd ignores
an EPERM even on 6.X.  But, it returned ENXIO on this case.

> Are you running -current?  If so, upgrade your powerd.  I just

hopet> I'm running 6.0 RC1 and would like to stick to -stable as it is my
hopet> production machine. Anyway, thanks for explanation!

I'm not sure if just ignoring ENXIO works on this case.

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/