Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:46:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      Martin Kraft <kraft@hpcs14.dv.fal.de>
To:        cattelan@thebarn.com (Russell Cattelan)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   SPDIF and FreeBSD

Russell Cattelan wrote:

> The card I've been waiting for is the midiman 2448. The original release
> date was suppose to be October... suppose to be :-(
> http://www.midiman.com/Html/products/dio2448.html

Hmm. Looks interesting. But they don't say, wether SPDIF input data
is available for the computer WITHOUT prior D/A/D processing. If it is,
this card might be exactly, what I am looking for.

> I've seen some reference to the newer PCI128's having spdif interface's?
> Does the card you bought have that?

It doesn't.

And again: I have read about many cards wich allow spdif input but
change the signal to an analog one, feeded into some mixer. Mainly the
cheaper spdif cards.

Martin