Date:      Thu, 7 May 2015 09:35:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Valeri Galtsev" <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BCM4313 Wireless LAN Controller in FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE

On Thu, May 7, 2015 12:48 am, Avinash Sonawane wrote:
> Ok. So just now I got 3 mails in Chinese (I think) with the subject
> "自动回复:BCM4313 Wireless LAN Controller in FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE"
>
> 1) From ljj_jun@sina.com
> saying "Oh, your mail Lijing Jun has been received, please be patient
> reply! ~ Thank you! --- --- Automated response system" <translated
> text>
>
> 2) From taogediyi@sina.com
> saying "Hello, your letter has been received by Tao brother team,
> please keep an eye QQ group, Wang Xiao's new incentives such as
> information dissemination, thank you participate!" <translated text>
>
> 3) From jzsf@vip.sina.com
> saying "We have received your letter!
> THX!
> Jingzhou Sheng" <translated text>

I have a motion for list admin(s):

Kick off the list (and ban from subscription in a future) the above three
e-mail addresses. Auto responses to messages received through mail list is
an abuse.

Also: I would suggest to think about stopping from being re-sent by the
list all messages containing anything in foreign (i.e. not English)
alphabet. Sending something in a language that people will not understand
is at the very least not polite.

Thanks.
Valeri
PS And yes, my native language is - or was - the one with different from
English character set, still you will never see me sending anything with
that character set to any mail lists.