Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:20:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   elf make world Success

I am running a complete elf system, SMP -current as of today.

I just completed the aout-to-elf conversion, including boot blocks and
kernel, yesterday.

Today, I cleaned-up the installed ports, eliminating about half and
rebuilding as elf, the remainder.

'make -j4 world' just completed, cleanly, as did rebuilding the kernel
and rebooting.

Next step is to drop all the aout stuff and recapture about 100MB disk
space.

One aside,

  When I first installed FreeBSD, I think version 0.1, I had a 10MB
  disk that was 50% full.  Now, I have a 3GB disk that is 90% full!

tomdean