Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:19:55 +0900
From:      YongHyeon PYUN <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Mike Black <amdmiek@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: D-Link DGE530T issue

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 09:55:03AM +0300, Mike Black wrote:
> Hello. I looked into svn code for 8.3R and 11.1R and there seems no changes
> in descriptors/identifiers. So I think that NIC is being wrongly identified
> during startup process - it is being recognized with a wrong PCI VID. How
> can this be checked or fixed?
> I use a loadable kernel module after a startup, so there is no useful
> messages during boot process.

It seems it's single bit error but if it's dying there would no way
to get fixed.  Given that pciconf(8) says VPD capability, try to
read it(i.e. pciconf -lcbvV).  Generally VPD contains a readable
product string so you may be able to know whether there are other
errors.  If vendor ID is the only corrupted one, you can simply
patch the device ID in the driver.