Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 1995 10:23:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disk De-Fragmenter...?

>From the keyboard of Chuck Robey:

> Terry, I have a friend who got relocated to work in Utah, for a company
> that had as a major product a VMS disk defragmenter.  My friend was brought
> in to help in doing one for Unix.  I know this to be true, I don't know
> if it was FFS, but there must be SOME kinda truth behind this.

Recently i saw an ad for a disk fragmenter for HPUX - it always looks like
someone is trying to sell a noop product to uninformed people. For shure, one
can make money with it but i doubt it will get the customer any benefit.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe
                                              (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nstall BSD ?