Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:32:31 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mark Miller <joup@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getting the most out of OpenGL

There have been projects working on making a kernel module for FreeBSD to
allow that binary driver to work.  News on them can be found at:
http://nvidia.netexplorer.org/

Recently a working module has been made for 2d with the binary driver, and
apparently 3d will be supported "soon."  Check out the site for more info.

As far as multiple X installations, it can be done but I haven't done it
personally.  I just keep multiple X source trees on my drive.

--
Eric Anholt
eanholt@gladstone.uoregon.edu