Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:35:03 +0200
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@mullet.se>
To:        Rene de Vries <rene@tunix.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware Crypto support (RSA acceleration)

Hi,

I've tried to make the old cswift driver from Rainbow work with modern
FreeBSD:s. The problem is that Rainbow (at least their channel manager
for northern Europe) is very uncooperative and does not understand that
I want to help them (and myself) to get their drivers to work with
modern FreeBSD versions. I have managed to get part of the source code
for the driver from them but I think that some of the .h files that I
have only found in the LinuxAPI are too old.

I'm able to compile and run the driver on 4.8 but the communication
between their binary-only library and the driver seems to be somewhat
out of whack, as the accelerators are always reported to be busy.

If you could pester the european office for FreeBSD support, I think
that my next request for help in digging up source files will have
better chances to be successful.

This is the last reply I got from them:
 > For us to come up with what you require, the cost to bear for you on
 > top of the purchase of any board would be of $7000 - $10000.

All I asked for was source for the driver together with a libswift.so
that was the same version as the source. I think that $10000 is a bit to
much to spend on two $50 cards from ebay.

I have been swamped with other work the last month, so this project have
been stalled since I got the above response on 24/3.

	/Martin