Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:19:44 +0100
From:      "Guillaume R." <raimondeau@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem while patching a file

Hello
I'm trying to install the last version of emacs (to test Gnus!) on my
box. I've got a compil error, I made a search and found that thread:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2005-September/025703.html
By reading the thread I could deduce that this patch seems to work
fine. I decided to apply it. And here is my problem: I don't know how
to patch correctly a file i suppose coz when i type:
patch src/xterm.c < mypatch.patch
Then the patch is not include in the file but simply copied at the top of i=
t.
Could someone explain me how to patch correctly a file? And especially
where i could find some docs on diff/patch commands (apart man)?
Many thx