Date:      Thu, 01 May 97 18:06:13
From:      me@corecom.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   unterminated quoted string?

After going through the probe and setting things up, I get this statement:
242-unterminated quoted string
I am then given thw sh shell to work with. Under "vi", I go to line 242
and it is commented out about swap space which is set to "NO". This has
happened about 5 times now and I finally lost my original sysconfig file
to this problem.  I labeled all files with a suffix, but somehow the
problem got to my original also. I now don't have a good sysconfig file to
load 2.2.1-R with.
I didn't see anything about unmounting a modem, but at times I have shut
it off (its external).  Could this be the culprit? I do make sure that ppp
is closed and "quit" before doing anything else. I don't know what else I
do that would leave something "open" or unterminated.
Thanks,
Mike

THIS MACHINE IS POWERED BY OS/2 WARP and FreeBSD
me@corecom.net
http://www.corecom.net/endsley/