Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:14:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ARCH flag in new make.conf

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:

Dear Kris.

I asure you: the only flag was -march=i686 and -O on both kernel
and system code flags.

The phenomenon was that a local ypbind couldn't contact the local or
any remote ypserver and it disappeared exactly then when removing
the i686 option (and not changing anything else!). Well, I tried
nearly everything for about one week and only removing this flag
helped.

I will do this again, maybe it was a phenomenon on "moving" code from 4.2 to 4.3?

I do not know ... I would only mention this here because it pushed me in
trouble nobody could help me for the past days.

Thank you for responding.