Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2014 14:55:14 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        tethys ocean <tethys.ocean@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: change IP and hostname

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:48:51 +0300, tethys ocean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I build FreeBSD 9.2 and updated so it is FreeBSD 9.2 stable.
>
> I have to change its IP (so network) and hostname..
> because I ' ll migrate my old freebsd server service this new server...
>
> I changed its switch and IP and router as I used to.
>
> (rc.conf, resolve.conf)
>
> Ethernet active, dns correct (I tested), cable ok switch ok but server cant
> ping to its own router..

What about /etc/hosts? Also check possible defaultrouter=
setting in /etc/rc.conf, and maybe firewall setting you
could have in place.

Can you provide a possible error message? Or use tcpdump to
monitor network traffic while trying to ping, this should
probably indicate the problem.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany