Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 01:53:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Cameron Slye" <cslye@admin3.calweb.com>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Intel Pentium II released

I should have one of the 266's in the office sometime this week..  The chip is
in, but the motherboard is not :(  Gather the list of tests you want done ;)
I am doing the make world thing of course...  My last make world tests were
on a K6 166, In the end, with it overclocked to 200mhz, it was about 8min
slower then the p6-200. (I did not at the time have enought ram, 32mb and
the p6 had 128,  so I am doing to re-do this test soon when I can put 128 in
the k6 also.)

  http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/DP050797.HTM

So, can anyone run the memory speed test (i.e., "dd if=/dev/zero
of=/dev/null bs=1m count=1000") for us interested parties (including
Bruce and myself)? :)

Oh, and while you are there, try the L2 cache speed too.  (Say,
"bs=128k count=8000".)

Satoshi

----- End of forwarded message from Satoshi Asami -----