Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:46:04 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "Ronald G. Arnold Jr." <rarnold@colemantx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Only As Root

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 09:40:00PM -0600, Ronald G. Arnold Jr. wrote:
> I can't dial my ISP as a user, only as root. I know I need to be in
> network to use PPP, but not sure how it should look. I am only listed in
> network once and it reads:
> wheel:*:0:root,ronald.
  ^^^^^^^

I take it that's a typo or paste-o and should be

network:*:0:root,ronald

> Where else should I be added and is there any
> thing I should add in ppp.conf to be able to dial up?

You need to add ``allow user ronald'' to /etc/ppp/ppp.conf as well *or
``allow user *'' to allow all users in the network group).

> Ronald
> P.S. Found something for Gates and Windows haters:
> Perhaps the Most Truthful:
> on Microsoft marketing:
> "There won't be anything we won't say to people to try and convince them
> that our way is the way to go."
>
> more to be found here:
> http://www.dimensional.com/~schaffet/microsuck.html

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000