Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:19:19 +1100 (EST)
From:      Camson Huynh <chuynh@biolateral.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/33902: New Port: biology/spdbv

>Number:         33902
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New Port: biology/spdbv
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD oasis.bio 4.5-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-PRERELEASE #2: Mon Dec 24 11:32:35 EST 2001 root@oasis.bio:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OASIS i386

Swiss-PdbViewer is an application that provides a user friendly interface
allowing to analyse several proteins at the same time. The proteins can be
superimposed in order to deduce structural alignments and compare their
active sites or any other relevant parts. Amino acid mutations, H-bonds,
angles and distances between atoms are easy to obtain thanks to the
intuitive graphic and menu interface.

Moreover, Swiss-PdbViewer is tightly linked to Swiss-Model, an automated
homology modelling server developped at Glaxo Welcome Experimental Research
in Geneva. Working with these two programs greatly reduces the amount of work
necessary to generate models, as it is possible to thread a protein primary
sequence onto a 3D template and get an immediate feedback of how well the
threaded protein will be accepted by the reference structure before
submitting a request to build missing loops and refine sidechain packing.

Swiss-PdbViewer can also read electron density maps, and provides various
tools to build into the density. In addition, various modelling tools are
integrated and command files for popular energy minimisation packages can be
generated.

Finally, as a special bonus, POV-Ray scenes can be generated from the
current view in order to make stunning ray-traced quality images.

WWW:  http://www.expasy.ch/spdbv/
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	spdbv
#	spdbv/files
#	spdbv/files/patch-aa
#	spdbv/files/patch-ab
#	spdbv/pkg-descr
#	spdbv/pkg-comment
#	spdbv/distinfo
#	spdbv/Makefile
#	spdbv/pkg-plist
#
echo c - spdbv
mkdir -p spdbv > /dev/null 2>&1
echo c - spdbv/files
mkdir -p spdbv/files > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - spdbv/files/patch-aa
sed 's/^X//' >spdbv/files/patch-aa << 'END-of-spdbv/files/patch-aa'
X--- install.sh.orig	Mon Dec  4 21:31:45 2000
X+++ install.sh	Thu Dec 20 10:15:42 2001
X@@ -7,10 +7,9 @@
X SPDBVNEEDOSbis="Linux"
X SPDBVUSERDIR="$HOME"
X-SPDBVSHAREDIR="/usr/share"
X SPDBVDIR="SPDBV"
X SPDBVSTUFF="_stuff_"
X-SPDBVDEST=""
X+SPDBVDEST="${PREFIX}"
X SPDBVOSVERSION=`uname -r`
X SPDBVOS=`uname -s`
X if [ $SPDBVOS = IRIX64 ]; then
X@@ -27,20 +26,8 @@
X     echo "Will install the shared files in $SPDBVDEST."
X     if [  -d $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR ]; then
X         echo "Shared files are already installed on this system."
X-        echo "Delete old files and reinstall (Y/N)?"
X-        read INP
X-        if [ $INP = "Y" -o $INP = "y" ]; then
X-            echo " "
X-            echo "will reinstall"
X-	    if [ -w $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR ]; then
X-		rm -r $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR
X-	    else
X-	        echo "Could not delete shared files."
X-		abort
X-	    fi
X-        else
X-            abort
X-        fi
X+        echo " "
X+        echo "will reinstall"
X     fi
X     mkdir $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR #2> /dev/null
X     if [ ! -d $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR ]; then
X@@ -64,11 +51,11 @@
X     chmod ugo+rx $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR/bin/spdbv.sh
X     #try to make link from /usr/bin/spdbv to ./spdbv.sh
X-    if [ ! -w /usr/bin/ ]; then
X+    if [ ! -w ${SPDBVDEST}/bin/ ]; then
X        echo " "
X-       echo "Can't make a link from /usr/bin/spdbv to spdbv.sh"
X+       echo "Can't make a link from ${SPDBVDEST}/bin/spdbv to spdbv.sh"
X     else
X-       ln -sf $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR/bin/spdbv.sh /usr/bin/spdbv
X+       ln -sf $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR/bin/spdbv.sh ${SPDBVDEST}/bin/spdbv
X     fi
X }
X@@ -82,65 +69,18 @@
X    echo " Installation script for Release $SPDBVVERSION ($SPDBVNEEDOS)"
X    echo " "
X    echo " "
X-   echo " Please follow the instructions below."
X-   echo " "
X-   echo "Where do you want me to install the files:"
X-   echo "globally in /usr/share/SPDBV  ->  G"
X-   echo "or just locally in ~/SPDBV    ->  L"
X-   echo "something different           ->  O"
X-   echo "(G/L/O)?"
X-   read DEST
X-
X-   SPDBVDEST=""
X-   if [ $DEST = "G" -o $DEST = "g" ]; then
X-       SPDBVDEST=$SPDBVSHAREDIR
X-   elif [ $DEST = "L" -o $DEST = "l" ]; then
X-       SPDBVDEST=$SPDBVUSERDIR
X-   elif [ $DEST = "O" -o $DEST = "o" ]; then
X-       echo "enter target Path where to install directory SPDBV:"
X-       read SPDBVDEST
X-   fi
X-
X-   if [ -z $SPDBVDEST ]; then
X-       echo ""
X-       echo "$SPDBVDEST is not a valid answer. 1"
X-       echo ""
X-       echo "continue .. hit any key"
X-       read DEST
X-       mainmenu
X-   fi
X-   if [ ! '(' -d $SPDBVDEST ')' ]; then
X-       echo ""
X-       echo "$SPDBVDEST is not a valid answer. 2"
X-       echo ""
X-       echo "continue .. hit any key"
X-       read DEST
X-       mainmenu
X-   fi
X    makesharedinst
X-#   clear
X-
X    echo " "
X    echo " SPDBV - Swiss PDB Viewer"
X    echo " Installation script for Release $SPDBVVERSION ($SPDBVNEEDOS)"
X    echo " "
X    echo "Installation completed."
X-   echo "Start your copy of SPDBV with the script $SPDBVDEST/$SPDBVDIR/bin/spdbv.sh"
X    echo ""
X    echo "ENJOY SPDBV!"
X    exit
X }
X-
X-# test for the right os
X-if [ $SPDBVOS != $SPDBVNEEDOS ]; then
X-  if [ $SPDBVOS != $SPDBVNEEDOSbis ]; then
X-    echo "SPDBV $SPDBVVERSION ($SPDBVNEEDOS) is intended to run on hardware under $SPDBVNEEDOS."
X-    abort
X-    exit
X-  fi
X-fi
X # start up the mainmenu
X mainmenu
END-of-spdbv/files/patch-aa
echo x - spdbv/files/patch-ab
sed 's/^X//' >spdbv/files/patch-ab << 'END-of-spdbv/files/patch-ab'
X--- SPDBV/bin/spdbv-orig.sh.orig	Thu Dec 20 10:11:25 2001
X+++ SPDBV/bin/spdbv-orig.sh	Thu Dec 20 10:26:00 2001
X@@ -1,6 +1,8 @@
X ARCH=`uname -s`
X if [ $ARCH = IRIX64 ]; then
X 	ARCH=IRIX
X+elif [ $ARCH = FreeBSD ]; then
X+	ARCH=Linux
X fi
X SPDBV_TEMP=$HOME/SPDBV/temp
X SPDBV_DOWNLOAD=$HOME/SPDBV/download
X@@ -38,7 +40,5 @@
X #xrdb -override $SPDBV_BASE/app-defaults/Spdbv
X #start the SPDBV, reroute stderr to nirvana
X-{
X-   $SPDBV_BASE/bin/$SPDBV_RELEASE.$ARCH $*
X-} 2> /dev/null
X+$SPDBV_BASE/bin/$SPDBV_RELEASE.$ARCH $*
X #done.
END-of-spdbv/files/patch-ab
echo x - spdbv/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >spdbv/pkg-descr << 'END-of-spdbv/pkg-descr'
XSwiss-PdbViewer is an application that provides a user friendly interface
Xallowing to analyse several proteins at the same time. The proteins can be
Xsuperimposed in order to deduce structural alignments and compare their
Xactive sites or any other relevant parts. Amino acid mutations, H-bonds,
Xangles and distances between atoms are easy to obtain thanks to the
Xintuitive graphic and menu interface.
XMoreover, Swiss-PdbViewer is tightly linked to Swiss-Model, an automated
Xhomology modelling server developped at Glaxo Welcome Experimental Research
Xin Geneva. Working with these two programs greatly reduces the amount of work
Xnecessary to generate models, as it is possible to thread a protein primary
Xsequence onto a 3D template and get an immediate feedback of how well the
Xthreaded protein will be accepted by the reference structure before
Xsubmitting a request to build missing loops and refine sidechain packing.
XSwiss-PdbViewer can also read electron density maps, and provides various
Xtools to build into the density. In addition, various modelling tools are
Xintegrated and command files for popular energy minimisation packages can be
Xgenerated.
XFinally, as a special bonus, POV-Ray scenes can be generated from the
Xcurrent view in order to make stunning ray-traced quality images.
XWWW:  http://www.expasy.ch/spdbv/
END-of-spdbv/pkg-descr
echo x - spdbv/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >spdbv/pkg-comment << 'END-of-spdbv/pkg-comment'
XDeep View Swiss-PdbViewer is a Protein viewer and analysis tool
END-of-spdbv/pkg-comment
echo x - spdbv/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >spdbv/distinfo << 'END-of-spdbv/distinfo'
XMD5 (spdbv37b2_IRIX_Linux.tar.gz) = 28513cb85c8e09493d8be535e76076a3
END-of-spdbv/distinfo
echo x - spdbv/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >spdbv/Makefile << 'END-of-spdbv/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	spdbv
X# Date created:				15 Jan 2002
X# Whom:					chuynh@biolateral.com.au
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	spdbv
XPORTVERSION=	37b2
XCATEGORIES=	biology
XMASTER_SITES=	http://au.expasy.org/spdbv/program/ \
X				http://www.expasy.org/spdbv/program/ \
X				http://tw.expasy.org/spdbv/program/ \
X				http://cn.expasy.org/spdbv/program/ \
X				http://ca.expasy.org/spdbv/program/ \
X				http://kr.expasy.org/spdbv/program/ \
X				http://inn-prot.weizmann.ac.il/spdbv/program/\
X				http://www.usm.maine.edu/spdbv/program/ \
X				http://www.genebee.msu.ru/spdbv/program/
XDISTNAME=	${PORTNAME}${PORTVERSION}_IRIX_Linux
XMAINTAINER=	chuynh@biolateral.com.au
XRUN_DEPENDS=	${LINUXBASE}${X11BASE}/lib/libMesaGL.so.3:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/linux_mesa3
XSPDBV=	SPDBV
XWRKSRC=		${WRKDIR}/SPDBV_DISTRIBUTION
XNO_BUILD=	yes
XNO_CDROM=	"Must be downloaded direct from Expasy via www interface"
Xdo-install:
X	@cd ${WRKSRC}; ${SETENV} PREFIX=${PREFIX} ./install.sh
X# PLIST_SUB=	PORTVERSION="${PORTVERSION}"
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-spdbv/Makefile
echo x - spdbv/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >spdbv/pkg-plist << 'END-of-spdbv/pkg-plist'
XSPDBV/_stuff_/AlignWnd.hlp
XSPDBV/_stuff_/CavitInf.hlp
XSPDBV/_stuff_/CtrlPanl.hlp
XSPDBV/_stuff_/DispWnd.hlp