Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:09:06 -0800
From:      Jo Rhett <jrhett@svcolo.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SUMMARY: Fast releases demand binary updates..

Replying offlist because this topic is dead.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 07:50:15AM +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> Deliberate antagonism of most (if not all) FreeBSD developers is unlikely
> to assist in getting your ideas listened to.

Asking if there it was possible to prioritize getting something done is to
antagonize?  Nothing in any of messages (except the well known fact that
the majority of code submitted to FreeBSD maintainers is ignored) is
an antagonistic statement.  Absolutely everything I said is pure fact,
regarding what has been said in the past and what it isn't possible to do
today without some sort of core versioning.

> You also left out the results of the assorted claims/promises you made:
>
> 1) "core" deliberately killed suggestions of improved binary update processes
>    You have yet to produce the e-mails demonstrating this.

Yes, I'm not going to waste time doing this.  Random offtopic demands
for proof of well-documented and extensive threads about the core
packing/versioning issues are just a way to annoy someone, and prove
nothing.

> 2) Your PRs get ignored.
>    This has been disproven by examining the status of your PRs.  It
>    appears that you never received the status updates, but equally, you
>    never appear to have bothered following up any of the PRs.

That's less than 1/10th of the patches I've submitted.  Apparently many are
simply deleted.  And read the PRs you quoted, where I would update them
periodically saying "Any action on this?"   Nobody ever responded to any of
my followups, so what exactly are you blaming me for?

Ah, I see.  It's my fault for not submitting code (which I do and was
ignored) and my fault for not following up (which I do, and was ignored)
and thus it's really all my fault that none of this gets fixed, right?

> 3) Your promise to provide a formal requirements specification defining
>    exactly what you are asking for.
>    Again, you have yet to produce the information you promised.

I can't find any reference to this in the threads.  I can find someone
asking for this, and me pointing out why this was ridiculous.

The question at hand was not: Fix This For Me, or Fix Exactly This Problem
or anything like that.  If you continually change the topic, don't be
surprised that I am unwilling to continue down a road I have no interest in.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek