Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 2009 21:41:02 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SSE register return with SSE disabled on AMD64

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Barney Cordoba
<barney_cordoba@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

The error suggests you've got a function returning a double or a float
or an SSE data type.  You cannot do that, either in the kernel or in a
module.  You will cause corruption to user processes.

We compile with -mno-sse etc for a reason on amd64 kernels.  It isn't
allowed on i386 either, but I don't think we have explicit safeguards
therem.

--
Peter Wemm - peter@wemm.org; peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete