Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:35:45 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMware detection code in boot loader

In message <200006221930.MAA00940@mass.osd.bsdi.com> Mike Smith writes:
: As far as the loader is concerned, though, neither of these are on the
: boot path, so we can typically wait until the kernel's up and we can use
: some "real real" drivers. 8)

Well, I have seen boards that support booting off pccard devices...
But I think they make them look like normal BIOS disk devices just
like the DOC2k chips do.  And the boot support is somewhat limited as
to which devices (usually only ATA cards and sometimes linear flash).
I'll not worry about it for now.

Warner