Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 02:44:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@shell.aros.net>
To:        103350.3250@compuserve.com (Weston Ruch)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Shared Memory Question

*ponder*  If you're getting a segfault, something sounds wrong.  The way
to change how much shared memory you can have is by putting the

options	"SHMMAXPGS=XXXX" (in K blocks)

in your kernel config file.

However, the problem from that should arise when you try to allocate the
shared memory -- it should fail and return an error number to you in a
very polite fashion, not segfault.

(Unfortunatly, I haven't used enough of it to really say what *is*
happening. :)

    -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)