Date:      Tue, 01 May 2007 01:54:49 -0400
From:      Theorem <theorem21@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.0 && fdisk = bad disk geometry ?

I'm having trouble setting up a new RAID5 array.  It's a RocketRAID 1740 with 4x
500G disks, in RAID5 this gives approx. 1.5T of space.  It looks like it's
operating properly on /dev/da0 .

Unfortunately, when I go to FDISK this via /usr/sbin/sysinstall I see the same
error over and over and over trying to set my disk to the right cycls / heads /
sectors.

here are 2 screenshots of the messages :

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/theorem21/manual_set_err.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/theorem21/repeat_set_err.jpg

Even trying to set the disk manually gives the "repeat_set_err.jpg", so I can't
possibly have a correct disk geometry.

Can anyone help me out ?  Any suggestions are welcome, I don't know if ignoring
this is the best option.

Thanks,

theorem