Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:25:37 +1100
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        blorb@biosys.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This sucks!

"A.K" wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I purchased FreeBSD because my ISP runs it on my dedicated servers. So i
> thought why not use it at home on my LAN for testing and stuff.
> I invested the 40 bucks and ordered FreeBSD 3.0. But now after 8 hours
> of work and installation I'm kinda fed up with it. Nothing works. Apache
> doesn't work, Xwindows doesn't work (although I updated it to support
> all my hardware) and the whole directories and everything look different
> from my webserver. And I also want to complain about all the hardware
> and installation routines. They suck. I guess you have to be an expert
> already only to get FreeBSD installed and working.
> I recommend you take a look at Turbolinux. They know how to make the
> installation easy and understandable for non linux/unix experts.
> So I will delete FreeBSD and install Turbolinux again if I can't find
> help with these problems anywhere. I should have given the 40 bucks to a
> bum this would have been a better investment.
> Best regards
> Alex

You should buy a Mac, that way you won't even have to think to use it :)

No offence intended, but.......sheesh.......what do you expect, free
information to just fall out of the sky into your little brain, or would you
like someone to come hold your hand all the way.

Do what the rest of the world does - learn to read and don't burn too many
bridges if you want ppl to help you.  You could also do some basic courses
in diplomacy whilst we're on that subject.

Best regards indeed!

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed FreeBSD."