Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:25:55 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        ben@cahostnet.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSL- Enabling

Benjamin Ossei wrote:

> How do I enable ssl or how can I check to see if it's been configured?

What I usually do is is install some SSLeay library, like mod_ssl
for apache. Then visit the site with a SSL enabled browser like
NS, IE or, lately, lynx-ssl. The latter can be used on the box self.

Once you get the libs working you can start adding whatever
functionality
you need to whatever program you need it for. Also, I believe that
SSLeay came with testing programs for itself. Then again, that has
been quite awhile! These last years I just take the easy route
as described above.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.