Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:38:26 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>,  "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   csh & tcsh history missing after reboot FBSD_8

Aloha,

Terminal history gone.

I cannot get any recent version of FreeBSD 8.* to keep the csh or tcsh
history across a "reboot" in root or usr. It stays after "exit" and a
new login however. This happens on several machines that previously ran
FreeBSD 7* with no issues. One runs AMD64 and one i386 versions.I can
load Manolis Kiagias Desk top version on them and it works fine as do
other 7.* versions.

I suspect it has to do with PXE ? or something changed in the later
versions of 8 Current & BETA 1 and 2 since I have 2 boxes running early
versions of 8 CURRENT where everything works fine and the history
remains in tact following a reboot.

What can I do to get the history to remain in memory across a reboot?
Changing the capicity of set history to greater than 100 does not affect it.

Thanks....

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
   < email: noc@hdk5.net >