Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:36:34 -0600
From:      Mike <muck@ida.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 CD-ROM : Package dependencies up the creek ?

Sue Blake wrote:

> It's there for us newbies whose backs you're talking behind here :-)
> Hehe, not quite hidden.

[..]

> So what if you guys have a few minor inconveniences. You can deal with
> them. And you have options. A newbie installing freebsd to learn unix has
> few options.

[..]

> I hope that you experts have a nice Hackerly Correct installation that
> will satisfy your philosopy about what's "right". We'll all catch up with
> you one day if you make us work hard enough.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>         -*Sue*-

I agree with you that more info should be provided by sysinstall, but
when you are asked *too* many questions, it becomes annoying.  Case in
point when you delete files in win95.

1st try:  "Are you sure that you want to send this directory to the
recycle bin?"  Yes.

2nd try:  "foo.exe is a program.  Are you sure you want to send it to
the recycle bin?"
Yes-to-All.

3rd try:  File-Empty Recycle bin.  "Are you sure you want to delete
these programs?"
Yes.

You have to answer yes three times to delete the program.

It sounds like that is what you would like sysinstall to prompt you for
each package you install.

1st try:  You have selected these packages for installation.
OK.

2nd try:  Did you really say yes?  I can't remember so I'll ask you
again.
Yes.

3rd try:  Hmm...how bout I ask you for a third time if you want to
install this package.
Yes.

What's that you say?  Yes?  Well then!  We'll proceed to installing the
package now...

Not sure if any of the above had anything to do with your email, but oh
well.

Mike