Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 08:47:10 +0200
From:      Alexander Maret <maret@axis.de>
To:        'Vince Gonzalez' <vince@nycrc.net>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Why using a DOS tool to customize boot manager? (WAS: RE: boo t ma nager)

Hi,

Hmm, is there really absolut no way to influence the detection
of an OS? I'm asking this, because booteasy doesn't recognize
every OS on a system. For example on my laptop I've got a Linux
installation on a logical partition within an extended partition.
As I can't use lilo, because it changes the mapping of the drive
(windows NT doesn't like that) I have to use booteasy.
Unfortunately booteasy doesn't recognize my linux partition
because it's on a logical partition. I alway have to boot DOS to
boot linux (using loadlin) afterwards.

Alex