Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 08:31:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Upgrading from 3.0 (From CD) to -STABLE

	I have a machine that I have just installed 3.0 on from the CD. I would
	like to get it to a point, where I could routinelu do a cvsup and stay
	with the -STABLE branch.

	I understand that doing this involves doing an upfrade to what is
	basicly 3.1. At this point in time, I believe that I have a ELF
	userland, but a .out kernel. Is this correct? What is involved in doing
	this upgared? I understand that there may be boot blcak changes?

	Yhe machine triple botts to FreeBSD, NT, and win95, using booteasy,
	which in trun calls the NT bootlaoder for the 2 m$ modes.

	I am concerned about rendering this machine unusable, as it is my new
	primary work machine.

	Any advice, or pointers to docs on this would be appreciated.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
Westvaco