Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 08:11:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FVWM95 won't build

Ha! I finally get to answer a question, rather than ask it. :-)

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Frank Seltzer wrote:

> I am trying to build FVWM95 and get the following errors. Has anyone done
> this yet?

Yes, I got it to comile, though I haven't had the chance to play with
config files enough to get it working

For some reason, Fvwm95 isn't linking the X11 library in.  In addition,
you'll also need to link in the compat library, and it didn't want to
link libfvwm95.a  I was able to cooerce it into all this by hand, but I
haven't fixed the makefiles yet (need to learn make first).

I got similar results with both make and gmake, though I *THINK* gmake
made it a little farther.  It helps to know that Fvwm95 is being
developed under Linux, which uses gnu make, and just about everything
else gnu.