Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 14:42:26 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>
Cc:        Jason Halbert <res02jw5@gte.net>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: uptime limits

Rick rambled,

> 	Some... mostly among the NT and Linux crowds thinks it's a big
> deal... (Wow! My NT-Server has been up for 35 days! :) On the same note,
> our company has a reboot schedule setup for 300+ NT-Servers... :) Every 30
> days if it needs it or not. :)

I don't think the big deal is that the machine has been up that long,
but rather that there's nothing inherent in the operating system that
*stops* it from staying up that long.

hawk

p.s.  Can NT *really* stay up 35 days? :)

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail