Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:44:47 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Jonas Luster <jonas@nethammer.qad.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What Bill Gates really thinks

> > How many of us do understand german?
>
> Enough to make it worthwhile.

Genau.

In any case, I read the original and the english translation and
actually have to say that Bill Gates doesn't sound like the
anti-christ here, he sounds like a businessman.  Us hacker types get
very offended by bugs and consider robust software to be more
attractive than whiz-bang software with lots of new features, but
Microsoft isn't marketing to us hacker types.  It's marketing to 50
million sheep and sheep like bright green grass.  If anything, I'd
say Mr. Gates is no more or less than a realist.

Just as with government, the majority generally gets the kind of
software it deserves. :-)

- Jordan