Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 16:53:10 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/7617: update mail/nmh port to nmh-0.27

>  > if sendfiles(1) is a new man page that comes with the update then this
>  > change should be reflected in the Makefile, and the PLIST should have the
>  > gzip'd version.
>
>  No, it shouldn't be listed at all in the PLIST, presuming you are
>  correctly using the MAN? variables.

Is correct use documented in the handbook or in bsd.port.mk?

>  Again, presuming the MAN? variables are correctly used for all of
>  those manpages, none of them should be listed in the PLIST.
>
>  [You need, of course, the latest bsd.port.mk]

Is the latest in the 2.2.7 release that I just received?  I've been lax in
updating my BSD system at home (it's still at 2.2.2) and had been meaning to
update to 2.2.6 when I heard that 2.2.7 was on its way...

Hmmm...I've been CVSUP'ing the ports collection - I don't see bsd.port.mk in
there.  Would it make any sense to have a special directory in there for
control/maintenance files (e.g. bsd.port.mk), so it would get picked up by
CVSUP'ing the ports?  Or should I add a little magic incantation to my
/etc/cvsupfile to snag the needed files (I don't need/want all of the src
dist).

Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org