Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:15:27 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Dirk Meyer <dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch for _TMLINKS errors in 'make index'

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:01:31PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:

> Why do we need _MLINKS in the enviroment of the commandline anyway?
> Please enlighten me.
>=20
> NOPRECIOUSMAKEVARS=3Dyes
>=20
> has fixed all the problems.
> in tcl84 as well as in openssl-beta.

It doesn't actually seem to fix the problems.  I was still getting
overflows while processing the openssl-beta ports, as well as CDK when
I added it to try to fix index builds.  If you read bsd.port.mk you'll
see that the NOPRECIOUSMAKEVARS variable doesn't affect construction
of the _TMLINKS variable, which is where the overflow lies.

Kris

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN--