Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:13:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jaime Bozza <wheelman@nuc.net>
To:        Sri Ramkrishna <sramkris@ichips.intel.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem recognizing 3COM Etherlink 3c509B

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:

> Well the wierd thing is that, I'm using the ISA driver for the card.
> Win95 gives me driver for the 3c509B with eithr PnP enabled or in ISA
> mode and both do the same thing.  So I'm confused.  Like I said FreeBSD and
> ethernet troubles are hounding me regardless of the card I use. :(

On the latest Etherdisk (5.0 I believe), there is a batch file that
disables all PNP support.  It's used when the 3COM card's PNP is causing
problems with configuring, or accessing the card.  It's helped for me in
the past, and may be what you need.  I believe the batch file is called
PNPDSABL.BAT, or something similar.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.