Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:05:59 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        geek <arlogeek@lonetree.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I tried to install 7.0 today and had problems.

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:06:28AM -0700, geek wrote:
 > I tried to install 7.0 on a computer with an ABIT AV8 motherboard.  This board
 > has an integrated NIC and the installer didn't find it.
 >
 > This same machine works just fine with 6.2.
 >
 > Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That's odd. I guess sysinstall may have showed you vge(4) was
detected on your system. I had some trouble to make vge(4) work on
my box but it's different issue.
Since GENERIC kernel has vge(4) I don't think loading vge(4) kernel
module helps here. Would you show me the output of "pciconf -lcv"?

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon