Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 15:45:37 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jan@bagend.atl.ga.us (Jan Isley)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: basic no network setup question

Jan Isley stands accused of saying:

> Michael Smith wrote:
>
> > It _looks_ like you've hosed your network configuration, but it's impossible
> > to tell.  Everything else looks pretty normal.
>
> sorry, I changed:
>
> keyrate="fast"
> hostname=bagend.atl.ga.us

Ok; can we have a look at /etc/hosts, /etc/host.conf, /etc/resolv.conf
please?  What does the 'interfaces' line in /etc/sysconfig look like,
and the lines immediately following it?

It looks like you don't have a default route.

> Jan Isley              Heroes have the shelf life of cottage cheese,

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[