Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:50:11 -0700
From:      "Daniel \\" The Bruce\ " Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   services can't connect to local machine throup IP

Hi, i am trying to set up a web server and ftp server on my computer
(running FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE). I have installed apache and can get the
default page (the one which just says apache is installed and working)
by going to http://localhost/. However if i attempt to connect using my
IP address ("http://206.155.61.155/") i can never connect. The same
happends with telnet and ftp.  My IP changes every time i dial into the
internet, so i found my current one by doing a "netstat -rn" and looking
at the gateway for my localhost (this may very well be the problem, is
there a easier/correct way to find your current IP?
Thanks, I'm sure the answer is really simple, but it's about 5:00 AM
here so i really should get some sleep.
Bruce