Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 12:48:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeff Aitken <jaitken@cslab.cs.vt.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel configuration/compilation tool

As has been discussed in the newsgroups lately, a snazzy kernel
configuration & compilation utility would be very nice.  I just spoke
with Jordan about it, and he wasn't aware of anyone working on such a
beast.  I've volunteered to at least take a crack at it, so if anyone's
already started on the same project, let me know and I'll be glad to
help.

Anyway, someone suggested that it be designed to look like the 2.0.5
install program, which I think is a good idea.  I'm certainly open to
(and would really like) some ideas as far as designing the thing goes.
Let me know how you think it should be done, and I'll see what I can
come up with in the next month or two (or three or four...;)

PS.  I seem to recall there being some chatter on -hackers about this a
long time ago (several months at least, perhaps more like a year), and
someone had a really good idea about it.  Unfortunately, I've not been
able to locate the message I seem to remember, so if anyone can turn it
up, please forward it to me.  Thanks.
--
Jeff Aitken
jaitken@vt.edu