Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:13:35 +0100
From:      Eirik Oeverby <ltning@anduin.net>
To:        pav@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Eirik Oeverby <ltning-freebsd-current@anduin.net>
Subject:   Re: sound issues in -CURRENT

Hoi,

I have all debugging and witness stuff disabled, though I am using
SCHED_ULE. Apart from that, the problem seems to be somewhat less
evident when playing from the network (no playback-related disk i/o),
but it only reduces the problem - it does not eliminate it.

As I have stated earlier, the problem gets worse over time. After a
clean reboot (even though all the apps I use are started and running),
the problem shows up once every few minutes. Now, after a couple of days
uptime, it happens a few times per minute - enough to annoy me ever so
slightly when trying to tap the rhytm with my foot ;)

My HDD is running in ATA-100 mode (no PIO) and is reasonably fast.
FreeBSD 4.9 works perfectly on the same machine, with all the same software.

/Eirik