Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:59:20 +0200
From:      Marco <marco.borsatino@poste.it>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with java applets and firefox

Okey, I'm here again.
Yes, I have javavmwrapper 2.3.
When I loaded the address you've suggested me, I got 2 different results:
=2D konqueror: page loaded regularly, confirmation messages (java vm instal=
led)=20
but the appled did non start; the message "applet loading" flashes
=2D firefox: I tried to load the page 3 times, but the browser allways hang=
=2E=20
Than, the page was loaded, but the applet did not start. In the window I=20
started the browser from, I see the same message listed below.
in=20
with firefox.

Thank you for your help.

Marco.

Alle 03:50, luned=EC 22 ottobre 2007, Norberto Meijome ha scritto:
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:59:06 +0200
>
> Marco <marco.borsatino@poste.it> wrote:
> > Great idea.
> > I report the error given by firefox-devel:
> > ------
> >
> > GConf Error: Failed to launch configuration server: Failed to execute
> > child process "/usr/local/libexec/gconfd-2" (Invalid argument)
> >
> > GConf Error: Failed to launch configuration server: Failed to execute
> > child process "/usr/local/libexec/gconfd-2" (Invalid argument)
> >
> > Exec of "/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/bin/java_vm" failed: Invalid
> > argument
> >
> > Could not read ack from child process
> > Plugin: Java VM process has died.
> > plugin: java process exited with status 6
> > Could not start JavaVM!
> >
> > VM did not start up properly
> > Exec of "/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/bin/java_vm" failed: Invalid
> > argument
> >
> > Could not read ack from child process
> > Plugin: Java VM process has died.
> > plugin: java process exited with status 6
> > Could not start JavaVM!
> >
> > VM did not start up properly
> >
> > --------------------
> >
> > Diablo works fine, as I can see. I'm studying Java with NetBeans, and it
> > seems to work correctly.
> > But ... now? Is it maybe a problem of the most recent firefox version?
> > Should I return to 1.5 release?
> >
> > Thanks for your help. Beto.
>
> hey Marco,
> ok, that doesn't look at all good. I am not sure what the problem could be
> . do you have javavmwrapper installed?
>
> it works just fine here with:
> javavmwrapper-2.3   Wrapper script for various Java Virtual Machines
> diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_7 Java Development Kit 1.5.0_07.01
> firefox-2.0.0.7,1   Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
> firefox-remote-20040803_1 Wrapper scripts for firefox web browser
>
> $ uname -a
> FreeBSD ayiin.octantis.com.au 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #24: Sun Oct =
 7
> 18:36:36 EST 2007     root@ayiin.octantis.com.au:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AYI=
IN