Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 19:34:50 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        questions@freensd.org
Subject:   Re: "Jordan K. Hubbard": [Fwd: Genuine DEC 21140 card doesn't work]

Hi!

The credit for the answer goes to Gary Palmer. I once read his answer to
a similar question about (I think) an SMC card with 2.1.5R, and have just
tried it on
my DE500 running 2.1.0R, and it works.

The solution is to add "-link2" to the ifconfig line. This forces the card
into 10BaseT mode. To go into 100BaseTX mode, you can add "link2" to the
command line (or just leave it blank, by what I've seen it will always go
into 100BaseTX mode unless told explicitly not to).

On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Fwd..

Nadav