Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:50:15 -0000
From:      "P. van Leeuwen" <pvl@nanoteq.com>
To:        "'s005jfc@discover.wright.edu'" <s005jfc@discover.wright.edu>, Questions FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: How to stop automactically mounting MSDOS partition @ boot?

/etc/fstab

P. van Leeuwen
pvl@nanoteq.com
http://www.nanoteq.co.za

-----Original Message-----
From:	Jamie Clark [SMTP:jamie@erinet.com]
Sent:	Tuesday, August 19, 1997 6:08 PM
To:	Questions FreeBSD
Subject:	How to stop automactically mounting MSDOS partition @ boot?

I was wondering which file controls what is mounted at boot time.  I'd like
to delete the line that automatically mounts my bootable Windows 95
partition.  At the time I created the file system, I thought I wanted to
always have that partition mounted, but since the FreeBSD kernel support for
Windows 95 file system is less than what I'd have it be.  I've decided to use
mtools to access that partition.  To use mtools to access that section of the
disk, I always have to umount it from the file system.  I know I can
re-install FreeBSD to correct this miscalculation, but I thought someone out
there knew a less drastic measure.

I will be greatly appreciative if someone can help toward an intelligent
solution.

Thank you for time and effort.

James F. Clark, III

--
To be truly aware of your effect on others is to be truly conscious.
jamie@erinet.com; 40 Newton Drive, Pleasant Hill, OH 45359-9603 (937)676-2856