Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:43:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   KDE and ownership & kdesupport

I've noticed that using the new KDE 1.0 port, that when I run kde for the
first time, it creates a bunch of config files owned by root.  This causes
certain config options to be unsavable.  The is also a read-only previlige
problem on the local templates.  The privilieges aren't a problem, but the
root ownership does cause a problem.  I've tried reinstalling the port
cleanly a few times, but this does not fix things.  Also, kdesupport still
breaks on the configure step unless you run the configure script manually.
The error is right after the gethostname function is checked (around line
4561 I think).

Joe Clarke