Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2011 09:01:09 +0700
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.net>
To:        Zhihao Yuan <lichray@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD - Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: mplayer and mencoder updates

Zhihao Yuan <lichray@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Thomas Zander
> <thomas.e.zander@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thank you all for your comments on the first iteration of the ports.
>> A heavily revised version can be found on
>> http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20111230.tar.bz2
>>
>> Changes:
[...]
>> - use newer gcc and binutils thus enabling significant speed-ups (and
>> also, since most mplayer and ffmpeg development is done on newer gcc
>> and binutils than we have in the base system, it's slowly getting
>> tedious to ensure compatibility with older toolchain)

So, with the new toolchain --disable-ssse3 is dropped but why
BROKEN_RELOCATIONS is still there?

> GJ. Tested with clang, no problem either.

Even though the port now explicitly uses gcc, ignoring CC from make.conf
or Makefile.local ? And on clang with -integrated-as being default gnu as
is not used, e.g. try to remove /usr/bin/as, it'd still build fine.