Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:15:11 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sshd problem - solved (?)

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:34:57PM +0200, Vasyl S. Smirnov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suppose I've found the reason for such a strange sshd
> behaviour - the problem is I was using login classes in
> my master.passwd. Man for master.passwd says that login
> classes aren't implemented yet - strange, in 4-STABLE
> they seem to be working fine. Can someone explain this?
> (or give some URL).

Although not strictly related to your sshd problem, I would like to say
that login classes are implemented, only not all of the knobs that the
manpage describes used to work at the time the page was written. (I do
not know how about now) The warning is there because some of the knobs
are used to restrict users' resource usage, and it was not advisable for
admins to rely on these for functionality. I do not know, maybe the
situation has changed since, somebody should try. But other aspects of
login classes work Just Fine(TM): for example I use them to give my
users a Hungarian-locale environment independent of the shell they use.
This has been in use for months (if not years) and has always worked
(also through ssh). This must be something else.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szombathely Hungary