Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 2002 19:07:03 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RFC: Fate of /usr/share/doc/smm/10.named

David O'Brien wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 12:07:20PM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > Eventually, we may be able to bring a source tree in on a vendor
> > branch, if CVSup ever gets rewritten in C so that someone can hack
> > it into the code.  When that happens, CVS managed projects explicit
> > importation should become totally unnecessary.
>
> What a crutch!
> I just bought a Modula-3 book from Amazon for $8.00.  I *know* you have
> enough programming experience that you can easily pick up Modula-3.  JDP
> keeps the m3 compiler port working, so you can't use the tools as an
> excuse either.

I already know modula-3.

I'm more worried about ongoing maintenance, and acceptance of code
changes back into CVSup, and portability to platforms other than
FreeBSD (as politically incorrect as it is to say something like
that on a FreeBSD list).

Ask John Polstra how he's enjoyed being the only maintainer for the
CVSup code for forever...

This is getting well off the subject.

-- Terry