Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:53:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP over synchronous lines

To folks doing PPP over a synchronous line of any type..

If you're interesting in trying something new, I'd love to hear
any comments/feedback from using mpd (net/mpd in ports) over netgraph
(ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/archie/netgraph/index.html). With this
combination you can do PPP over raw synchronous, frame relay,
Ethernet, etc.

If your synchronous driver is not supported, we can add support
for it. Currently the ar and sr drivers are netgraph-enabled.

Right now the performance will be somewhat slower due to the
use of the tunnel interface; this will be fixed in the future.

Feedback regarding non-PPP connections using netgraph also
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Archie