Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:13:17 +0100
From:      Nicola Mingotti <nmingotti@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Udit agarwal <dev.madaari@gmail.com>
Cc:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 15-march.img hangs at boot on BB-Green

-----

The only other useful info I have so far is that this only happens with
the GENERIC kernel. If you build a kernel using the BEAGLEBONE config
it boots normally.

------

Ian, I found this reference to achieve what you say:
http://blog.khubla.com/freebsd/building-a-beaglebone-freebsd-kernel

Can you tell me if it is still valid, post is from 2013.

And I see in that webpage ARCH is set to "armv6", instead on the imges
filenames
I download usually for BeagleBone I read "armv7".  e.g.
FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-arm-armv7-BEAGLEBONE-20180315-r331001.img

Then, I do not understand one point, this image i am using now:
FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-arm-armv7-BEAGLEBONE-20180315-r331001.img
has a GENERIC kernel or it has the BEAGLEBONE config ?

bye
Nicola

--
Dr. Nicola Mingotti