Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:05:29 -0600
From:      "Brian Davis" <stargate@cableone.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Email attachments

> > I have a question.  Most of the emails on this list display
> > text in the message body, but some have a blank body.
> > Instead, they have attachments which contain the message
> > text and the sender's PGP signature.  All of Greg Lehey's
> > messages are like this.
>
> So what is your question?
>
> KeS
>
> (Ok, ok - GUESSING what your question is; some mailers use MIME
encoding
> for the body of the message, as well as for any attachments.  Other
> mailers treat any MIME-encoded data as an attachment, even if it is
text.
> Hope this helps.)

When you shoot a MIME, do you use a silencer?  Sorry.
My question is, why would anyone intentionally send a
message that requires others to open it with a text editor,
especially since the message is in plain text anyway.  As
I mentioned in my original post, I use Outlook Express as
my email client.  Are there other MUAs that do a better
job of displaying MIME-emcoded messages?

Brian Davis